Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the healthcare industry by providing faster, more accurate, and cost-effective solutions. One such solution is the AI analyzer in pathology labs, which has the potential to revolutionize the way pathology tests are conducted. With an AI analyzer, we can save up to 90% of analytical Turnaround Time (TAT) in lab, leading to significant improvements in efficiency and patient outcomes.
AI-based pathology also improves testing capabilities as they provide advantages for clinical lab studies by looking at the microscopic view precisely. Thus, improving testing efficiency and report accuracy.
Goals of AI in Laboratory
Artificial intelligence has proven to be extremely effective in diagnostic analysis and study. AI systems like the AI100 analyzer when utilized in a lab improves testing efficiency. Over the years, AI in pathology has been evolving to introduce better technological systems to improve the accuracy of results. This further helps in improving the quality of care to patients across different healthcare networks.
Additionally, the goals of AI are to eliminate the need for manual interpretation, reduce the TAT, and increase the accuracy of the results. AI in digital pathology can be quite beneficial to meet such end goals in a laboratory setting.
Advantages of AI in sample analysis?
AI systems with their robust image processing capabilities can be helpful in early detection, analysis, and decision-making at testing. AI workflow helps plug several analytical challenges into a traditional lab workflow. Some of these include waiting for a pathologist’s visit to the lab in person to spend time on each slide to derive conclusions. For multiple lab consultations, it is quite difficult for them to offer their pathological assistance in time.
On the other hand, the TAT in lab is quite high for histopathology tests, genetic testing, and other multi-stage testing procedures. All such challenges can be minimized by the advantages of AI and in some cases are eliminated using AI in digital pathology.
Introducing AI100 Analyzer for quality lab studies
AI100 analyzers designed with solutions, Shonit (for blood morphology) & Shrava (for urine morphology) allow you to cater to types of hematology and clinical pathology tests to generate accurate test results.
Application of AI in healthcare converts biological samples on a slide into digital images that are further shared with a pathologist or a group of pathologists for analysis using a secured cloud platform. This enables faster approval, reduces manual workload, and as well as testing errors.
Drop in your requests in the comment to activate this
Reporting using AI100
Once the study is complete, the system auto-enters values into the pathology reporting software. These reports shared remotely with pathologists for validation and approval. Critical test results are mainly prioritized to reduce patients’ waiting time to get aid. Also, remote report validation & approval allows doctors to approve reports even after working hours, weekends, and holidays. Thus, AI in pathology helps to control the overall analytical and post-analytical TAT in lab.
How does cloud storage of study images help?
- Storing study images on the cloud helps in future analysis of chronic cases. This saves the trouble for long-term sample storage especially when samples are likely to perish.
- Saves logistical cost for transferring archived samples. Sharing images digitally requires zero cost as compared to sample transfer logistics, storage and preservation.
Advantages of using AI100
- AI based pathology can be integrated with LIMS or lab reporting software to generate accurate & quality results.
- Reduces redundant tasks, improves productivity and increases throughput by 66%.
- Automated workflows using AI systems reduce up to 90% AI TAT as compared to a traditional workflow.
- Application of AI in healthcare improves testing efficiency, especially for special, rare, and extreme cases.
- Saves up to 54% outsourcing cost.
- Maintains reporting consistency.
- Reduces eye strain and fatigue to pathologists.
Upcoming AI Analyzer applications
The upcoming analyzer applications by AI100 include:
- Universal Scanner (Scans any and every sample viewed under a microscope).This feature can extensively for telepathology.
- Semen Analyzer
- Bone marrow
- Body fluids
In conclusion, AI systems are game-changers in the pathology reporting software industry. By saving up to 90% on analytical TAT, it provides a faster, more accurate, and cost-effective solution for pathology labs. With many advantages of AI, it’s no surprise that more and more pathology labs are adopting AI workflow to achieve the goals of AI with optimum AI TAT and enhanced patient care.